I am convinced the NVCA rallies its VC members to write stories about Venture Capital is “back to normal” and its “returns are going up”, after minus 4% IRR 10-year returns in Venture washed away all of its protectionist arguments, while corporate innovation blew VC performance away in the same period.
Is the big news item here that going up means VC performance doesn’t get worse than minus 4%, I would hope so too. VC performance is a disgrace to American innovation. Yet maybe, just maybe (watch the video) what it means is that the best practices of the NVCA in deploying innovation arbitrage over all these years are just not good enough.
As a Limited Partner I would not be betting on, but rather against those best practices as statistically and empirically that would yield better returns. Time to face reality boys!
- Price loses its value when money loses its trust. — Georges van Hoegaerden - February 20, 2015
- How to build a sustainable company - February 10, 2015
- Economics: A system designed to maximize personal freedom protected by the paradoxical rules of collective freedom. — Georges van Hoegaerden - February 2, 2015
- Capitalism without the deployment of operating principles that secure a meritocracy is an oligarchic system in violation of the most rudimentary definition of freedom we owe ourselves. — Georges van Hoegaerden - February 1, 2015
- Equality is a fantasy of extraordinary proportion. — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 21, 2015
- If no man is created equal, why then do we debate equal pay? — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 21, 2015
- CalPERS pre-empts asset allocation - January 21, 2015
- Homogenization of people is a bad idea, we ought to focus on the value of our differences, not on the rut of our commonalities. — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 14, 2015
- Only realism can breed justifiable optimism. — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 14, 2015
- The fix to improving asset management’s effectiveness lies in its reinvention, not in the optimization of its bloated past. — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 13, 2015