I am not sure what is in Barack Obama’s pipe but a statement from White House press secretary Jay Carney makes me wonder:
…the high-tech sector has been “a model, really, for that kind of economic activity that we want to see in other cutting-edge industries in the U.S. where jobs can be created in America and kept in America, and that’s what he wants to talk about.”
The crucial assignment of praise should go to the unrelenting entrepreneurs not to the defunct financial system and arbitrage that on average has produced negative 4.6% returns for Limited Partners and not generated an average positive return for LPs since 1998.
Why do none of the economic geniuses in his administration whisper in his ear that financial cartels by economic principle can never scale, and Venture Capital full of collusion, price-fixing, extreme fragmentation and bottom-heavy diversification has turned just as subprime as real-estate?
I am very worried who Barack surrounds himself with in his attempts to fix our economic situation. Would love to set Barack Obama straight on this subject, who can get me in?
- The risk profile – not money – determines what innovation can be discovered. — Georges van Hoegaerden - September 16, 2014
- An outlier knows no precedent. — Georges van Hoegaerden - September 9, 2014
- Losing VC money is not our biggest problem - August 11, 2014
- The Long of Facebook - August 7, 2014
- ‘Innovation’ without renewable socioeconomic value is (government) sponsored bank-robbery of society. — Georges van Hoegaerden - August 7, 2014
- Freedom stripped of its paradox is no freedom at all. — Georges van Hoegaerden - July 25, 2014
- 15,000 views on The State of Venture Capital - July 23, 2014
- Triple Threat Founders - July 20, 2014
- If we want to inspire the world with our spiritual leadership, we must stop selling lies to unsuspecting greater-fools. And lead the world by example, with new rigors of excellence we first and successfully apply to ourselves. — Georges van Hoegaerden - July 19, 2014
- Has Venture Capital Changed? - July 15, 2014