I am not sure what is in Barack Obama’s pipe but a statement from White House press secretary Jay Carney makes me wonder:
…the high-tech sector has been “a model, really, for that kind of economic activity that we want to see in other cutting-edge industries in the U.S. where jobs can be created in America and kept in America, and that’s what he wants to talk about.”
The crucial assignment of praise should go to the unrelenting entrepreneurs not to the defunct financial system and arbitrage that on average has produced negative 4.6% returns for Limited Partners and not generated an average positive return for LPs since 1998.
Why do none of the economic geniuses in his administration whisper in his ear that financial cartels by economic principle can never scale, and Venture Capital full of collusion, price-fixing, extreme fragmentation and bottom-heavy diversification has turned just as subprime as real-estate?
I am very worried who Barack surrounds himself with in his attempts to fix our economic situation. Would love to set Barack Obama straight on this subject. I’ll remind him of Startup America then too.
- Price loses its value when money loses its trust. — Georges van Hoegaerden - February 20, 2015
- How to build a sustainable company - February 10, 2015
- Economics: A system designed to maximize personal freedom protected by the paradoxical rules of collective freedom. — Georges van Hoegaerden - February 2, 2015
- Capitalism without the deployment of operating principles that secure a meritocracy is an oligarchic system in violation of the most rudimentary definition of freedom we owe ourselves. — Georges van Hoegaerden - February 1, 2015
- Equality is a fantasy of extraordinary proportion. — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 21, 2015
- If no man is created equal, why then do we debate equal pay? — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 21, 2015
- CalPERS pre-empts asset allocation - January 21, 2015
- Homogenization of people is a bad idea, we ought to focus on the value of our differences, not on the rut of our commonalities. — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 14, 2015
- Only realism can breed justifiable optimism. — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 14, 2015
- The fix to improving asset management’s effectiveness lies in its reinvention, not in the optimization of its bloated past. — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 13, 2015