eBay has completely lost my trust, confirmed by telephone. After eBay demonstrated 3 times in a row to be a platform for scam buyers I decided to leave it for good and remove my account, exasperated by eBay’s support for a buyer who tries to do business outside of eBay, rather than pay for the item.
eBay’s trust should be embedded and enforced by the system, not outside of it. Because then one might as well use craigslist. After a one hour phone call I did manage to get eBay sales commissions invoice reversed for a product that didn’t sell, huray!
What a waste of time and energy. Who wants a shiny previous generation MacBook Pro?
- Freedom without its implicit paradox is no freedom at all. — Georges van Hoegaerden - July 25, 2014
- 15,000 views on The State of Venture Capital - July 23, 2014
- Triple Threat Founders - July 20, 2014
- If we want to inspire the world with our spiritual leadership, we must stop selling lies to unsuspecting greater-fools. And lead the world by example, with new rigors of excellence we first and successfully apply to ourselves. — Georges van Hoegaerden - July 19, 2014
- Has Venture Capital Changed? - July 15, 2014
- Data Leads to Depravity - July 7, 2014
- A Horizon Too Far - June 16, 2014
- The fanatical quest for diversity is proof we yearn for a meritocracy we don’t have. — Georges van Hoegaerden - June 11, 2014
- The Double Entendre of Silicon Valley Tourism - June 11, 2014
- Statistics are a measure of consequence, not a matter of cause. — Georges van Hoegaerden - May 26, 2014