eBay has completely lost my trust, confirmed by telephone. After eBay demonstrated 3 times in a row to be a platform for scam buyers I decided to leave it for good and remove my account, exasperated by eBay’s support for a buyer who tries to do business outside of eBay, rather than pay for the item.
eBay’s trust should be embedded and enforced by the system, not outside of it. Because then one might as well use craigslist. After a one hour phone call I did manage to get eBay sales commissions invoice reversed for a product that didn’t sell, huray!
What a waste of time and energy. Who wants a shiny previous generation MacBook Pro?
- Price loses its value when money loses its trust. — Georges van Hoegaerden - February 20, 2015
- How to build a sustainable company - February 10, 2015
- Economics: A system designed to maximize personal freedom protected by the paradoxical rules of collective freedom. — Georges van Hoegaerden - February 2, 2015
- Capitalism without the deployment of operating principles that secure a meritocracy is an oligarchic system in violation of the most rudimentary definition of freedom we owe ourselves. — Georges van Hoegaerden - February 1, 2015
- Equality is a fantasy of extraordinary proportion. — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 21, 2015
- If no man is created equal, why then do we debate equal pay? — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 21, 2015
- CalPERS pre-empts asset allocation - January 21, 2015
- Homogenization of people is a bad idea, we ought to focus on the value of our differences, not on the rut of our commonalities. — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 14, 2015
- Only realism can breed justifiable optimism. — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 14, 2015
- The fix to improving asset management’s effectiveness lies in its reinvention, not in the optimization of its bloated past. — Georges van Hoegaerden - January 13, 2015