We need more benevolent dictators in the startup world, as well as on the investment side – the opposite of the uniformity so prevalent in Silicon Valley today.
An article I was going to write about that subject was preceded by an article by Michael Feuer, the CEO of OfficeMax who grew the company from nothing to $5 Billion. Get some excerpts from his book “The Benevolent Dictator: Empower Your Employees, Build Your Business, and Outwit the Competition” online here.
[Links TechJournal South]
- Losing VC money is not our biggest problem - August 11, 2014
- The Long of Facebook - August 7, 2014
- ‘Innovation’ without renewable socioeconomic value is (government) sponsored bank-robbery of society. — Georges van Hoegaerden - August 7, 2014
- Freedom stripped of its paradox is no freedom at all. — Georges van Hoegaerden - July 25, 2014
- 15,000 views on The State of Venture Capital - July 23, 2014
- Triple Threat Founders - July 20, 2014
- If we want to inspire the world with our spiritual leadership, we must stop selling lies to unsuspecting greater-fools. And lead the world by example, with new rigors of excellence we first and successfully apply to ourselves. — Georges van Hoegaerden - July 19, 2014
- Has Venture Capital Changed? - July 15, 2014
- Data Leads to Depravity - July 7, 2014
- A Horizon Too Far - June 16, 2014